|1||Free Jazz—Part 2||16:28|
|2||Free Jazz—Part 1||19:55|
- Alto Saxophone [Alto Sax] [Left Channel] – Ornette Coleman
- Bass [Left Channel] – Scott LaFaro
- Bass [Right Channel] – Charlie Haden
- Bass Clarinet [Right Channel] – Eric Dolphy
- Composed By – Ornette Coleman
- Design [Album Design] – Loring Eutemey
- Drums [Left Channel] – Billy Higgins
- Drums [Right Channel] – Ed Blackwell
- Liner Notes – Martin Williams
- Painting – Jackson Pollock
- Recorded By [Recording Engineer] – Tom Dowd
- Recording Supervisor [Supervisor] – Nesuhi Ertegun
- Trumpet [Pocket Trumpet] [Left Channel] – Donald Cherry
- Trumpet [Right Channel] – Freddie Hubbard
Free Jazz was recorded in one uninterrupted "take" of 36 minutes 23 seconds. This performance by Ornette Coleman's Double Quartet is heard exactly as it was performed in the studio, without any splicing or editing. Side One ends with a quick fade-out, and the music resumes with a minimum of interruption on Side Two.
Full dynamics-frequency Spectrum
This is a high fidelity recording. For best results observe the R.I.A.A. high frequency roll-off characteristic with a 500 cycle crossover.
Eric Dolphy appears by arrangement with Prestige Records.
Freddie Hubbard appears by arrangement with Blue Note Records.
spine: Ornette Coleman Free Jazz Atlantic 1364
painting: White Light by Jackson Pollock
tracklisting info: MJQ Music, BMI
——Center labels info——
Full Dynamics — Frequency Spectrum
——shrink wrap info (stickered)——
"Manufactured by Rhino Records. Produced under license from Atlantic Recording Corp.; exclusively distributed by Scorpio Music, Inc."
Recorded 17th of May 1961
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): ST-A-61343 PR
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): ST-A-61344 PR
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side A): 5032- SD 1364-1 (A) S-45467 Lee Bes
- Matrix / Runout (Runout side B): 50532 — 3̶9̶7̶2̶ - SD 1364 - 1 (B) S-45468 Lee Bes